Do you carry/move our luggage between each overnight stop?
Yes – your walking holiday luggage will be transported for you! Leave the hard work to us as we move one piece of luggage per person (up to 18 Kilos in weight) transported between your accommodation as part of your walking holiday package. If you leave your luggage at your accommodation in the morning, it will be waiting for you on arrival at your accommodation that evening. Any extra bags can be transported (at an additional charge) as long as they are pre-booked.
What do I have to carry?
Having your luggage transported means then all you need to carry is a small day sack to hold your waterproofs, personal items, packed lunch, map, guidebook, and camera.
What do I need to bring?
We think it’s always best to be prepared for all weathers at all times of the year. Here is a list of things we’d recommend you bring:
- Walking boots – the need to be comfortable and well broken in
- Several pairs of thick walking socks
- Warm hat and/or sun hat
- Raincoat – waterproof and windproof with a hood
- Waterproof trousers.
- Thermal long-johns and thermal top
- Fleece tops
- Fleece or polypropylene trousers – no denim or cotton
- Spare clothing for the evening.
- Shorts and t-shirt – ideally made from synthetic fibres
- Map case
- Torch – don’t forget the spare batteries!
- First aid kit – insect repellent, sunscreen, blister kits, pain relief and assorted bandages
- Water bottle.
- Walking poles (if you already use these)
- Small day sack (20-30L) for carrying your personal items
- Day sack liner / black bin bag / day sack waterproof cover
- Camera and film
- GPS (if you already use one)
How do I get to the start of the holiday and back from the end?
We will provide you with information and guidance on how to get to the start of your holiday, but you will need to make the actual arrangements yourself.